Department of Biology
Indiana University of Pennsylvania:
"Who We Were"
Fifty-six faculty members (including "Secretary to Principal" and "Steward" were listed at Indiana State Normal School in 1917. According to the 1917 "The Instano," published by the Senior Class of The Indiana State Normal School of Pennsylvania, the same two biologists were present as in the previous year:
Ralph L. Talbot, B. S.
"Prof. of Natural Science"
C. M. McConnell, A. B. "Assistant
in Natural Science"
Wilson Hall on the left and Oak Grove on the right. Weyandt Hall, the present location of the Department of Biology, was built in 1965 just to the left of this photograph. The ivy on Wilson Hall has been removed and the sidewalk widened. The steps and cement benches on the right remain, but the lamp posts have been removed (the cement bases remain).
Back to Front Page of "Who We Were"
Back to Dr. Ray Winstead's Front Page